Title Loans in Kirby, Texas
Most consumers occasionally have to deal with financial hurdles. It's not always easy to stay on top of one's finances on a monthly basis. It can be easy to overlook certain expenses that come up and need to be taken care of.
If you're wondering what you can do if you need a loan and don't have good credit, consider title loans. A title loan is a type of loan that involves using one's vehicle as collateral.
Title loans in Kirby: Learning how the process works
As with most any type of loan, the title loan process begins with an application. An application needs to be filled out that provides basic information on the consumer including his or her identification and address. Another important part of an application for auto title loans is details about the vehicle that the applicant is offering as collateral. Among the details that need to be entered regarding the vehicle are the make, model, and milage of the vehicle.
Once all the necessary information is entered onto the application, the lender will quickly come to a decision on whether or not the borrower can be approved. Title loan lenders know that their applicants are hoping for a quick response, so they offer fast turnaround with loan applications. If possible, a loan offer will be sent back that the applicant can analyze to determine if it suits his or her needs.
The last steps are to submit a signed loan offer and vehicle title to the lender before the loan funds are then deposited right into the borrower's bank account. Once the loan is paid back, the borrower gets back his or her vehicle title.
The Texas legal regulations that impact title loans in Kirby
All the states can make their own laws about title loans. Title loans San Antonio must adhere to Texas state laws. It's therefore best for Texas residents applying for title loans to analyze Texas laws and familiarize themselves with the general standards regarding this type of loan in their state.
The following are the basic things you need to be aware of as a Texas resident interest in title loans in Kirby:
- There is no limit on the amount for which this type of loan can be offered.
- There is a cap of 10 percent maximum interest on this type of loan in the state.
- There is a limit of 180 days on the amount of time for the loan term on this type of loan.
Basic ideas to be aware of
- These loans are secured- A secured loan is a loan that requires collateral. With title loan, the collateral would be the vehicle. However, it's important to make note of the fact that the borrower continues to use the vehicle during the loan life. Only the title itself has to be submitted to the lender.
- These loans offer flexible repayment options- The title loan lender will typically try to work with the borrower and arrive on flexible and suitable loan terms.
- These loans are convenient- Convenience is seen in the title loan process considering the online application and the minimal amount of information that needs to be collected to apply.
- These loans require you to consider if your title has a lien on it- Even those with a lien on their vehicle title can be approved. The important detail here would be how much equity the applicant has int he vehicle.